This collection of examples demonstrate interesting uses of HoloViews that go beyond the user guide material. Suitable material includes application of HoloViews to real-world data, and examples of advanced usage and demonstrations of how HoloViews may be extended, including third-party libraries that feature HoloViews integration.
We hope this set of examples will be a useful way of discovering what is possible with HoloViews. We welcome your submissions for inclusion on this list as HoloViews is applied to new domains.
Geographic information systems ¶
- GeoViews is an officially supported extension for HoloViews to work with geographic data. It adds support for projecting geographic data, support for shape data, various geographic features and tile sources.
This collection of IPython notebooks shows real-world examples of how HoloViews may be used:
- The Hipster Effect : Adapted version of post from Jake Vanderplas about dynamic systems and modeling of conformity.
- Exploring herd immunity with agent based models using HoloViews and NetworkX : A small demo demonstrating how HoloViews can be integrated with a simple agent based model to explore and analyze how it evolves over time.
- Topographica tutorials : Neural simulator using HoloViews (plus publications Stevens et al. (2013) , Gee (2014) , and Fischer (2014) with associated notebook )
Other libraries and resources ¶
Third party libraries, simulators and toolkits that make use of HoloViews for easier visualization and analysis:
- ImaGen library : Generate HoloViews Image and RGB patterns from mathematical functions.
- Topology in Condensed Matter course : Tying Quantum Knots. This course also runs on EdX . See for example the lecture on the Haldane model (view as notebook ) or on Floquet topological insulators (view as notebook ). The source is availible on GitHub .